- Lean beef mince, 200g
- Cayenne pepper, 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper, 1 teaspoon
- Table salt, 1 tablespoon
- A good squirt of American mustard
- Two tiger bread rolls (I got them from my mate Tom who works at Tesco)
- Pickles, as many as you want
- Sliced beef tomato
- Baby gem lettuce
- Sriracha sauce to taste
- First thing first I got a griddle pan nice and hot.
- I then started to assemble the patties by mixing the salt, pepper and cayenne pepper in a bowl with the meat and then separating out into two patties and flattening down trying not too handle the meat too much to keep it nice and loose.
- They should be made as wide and flat as possible as they will tighten up into a ball while cooking.
- I then fried until browned on both sides and basted with a good helping of American mustard (as It cooks it forms a lovely caramelised crust).
- After a couple of minutes I took the meat off to rest and popped the buns on to grill to soak up all the beautiful meat juices.
- Time to assemble the burgers with lettuce and toms underneath the pattie to catch the juices then stacked pickles and hot sauce on top.
- I served it up with my blue cheese, apple and walnut salad, recipe coming soon!
ps. I have no idea how to spell pattie(y) please help.