Baked potatoes are wonderful things. They are nutritious and delicious, and more importantly a super cheap way to bolster any meal with carbs.
They do have two downsides though:
- They take FOREVER to cook.
- They don’t look great in Instagram photos (which is one of the most important criteria for any meal).
Introducing Hassle-Back Baked Potatoes.
These bad boys cook in half the time and look pretty darn fancy.
You can treat these in the same way as any baked potato and they taste great smothered in beans, cheese or even last night’s chilli.
- 1 large baking potato
- 1 pinch of slat
- 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil
- 1 clove of thinly sliced garlic
- 1 small bunch of roughly chopped chives
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6.
- Slice the potato all the way across it’s back to roughly half way through.
- Rub the salt and oil all over the potato (this will give it it’s crispy skin.
- Pop it into the oven for 20 mins
- After 20 mins remove from the oven and slide the garlic slices and chives into the gaps that have begun to open.
- Pop it back in for a further 20 minutes (or until cooked all the way through.
- Serve it up however you see fit, I went for seafood and salad.