This is probably the healthiest recipe i have ever written.
It feels a bit weird not smothering it in butter and cheese.
But it is January and my Facebook timeline has been completed bombarded by Gym ads and people pledging to detox.
So, when in Rome…
Luckily for me this salad doesn’t actually need to be smothered in cheese to taste delicious.
It’s beautifully simple and packed full of so many super-foods that you might even grow an extra bicep or something after eating it.
Perfect as a light healthy snack or as a side salsa to go with a heartier meal (like some tacos).
- 2-3 big beef tomatoes roughly chopped
- A couple of handful of sweet cherry tomatoes
- 1 handful of pomegranate jewels ( a pack from Tesco will do the trick)
- A handful of fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 a red onion roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- a couple of lemon wedges
- After chopping up all the tomatoes, toss them in a large bowl with the basil pomegranate jewels and basil.
- Squeeze over a healthy amount of lemon juice and season taste.
Popping it in the fridge for 20 mins helps the toms absorb a bit of the lemon juice but it does taste just as great freshly made.