A perfect example of the magic of the microwave.
You don’t have to use sprouting tenderstem broccoli, this sauce tastes great poured over any green veg or even as a dip with a good old packet of Doritos.
The quinoa adds a fancy twist and adds a great texture to the sauce but it works just as well without.
- 1 pack of purple sprouting broccoli
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1 good glug of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of tahini paste
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 2 table spoons of quinoa
- a few fresh mint leaves roughly chopped (dried mint works too)
- salt, pepper and chilli flakes to taste
- To make the sauce add all the ingredients (apart from the broccoli) to a large bowl and mix well until smooth.
- To prepare the broccoli, start off by removing all the extra leaves and generally pruning to a desired appearance. Add it to a microwaveable bowl, salt well and ad a knob of butter or olive oil. Cover and microwave on high for 2 mins.
- Remove the broccoli from the microwave, pour over a good glug of the sauce and microwave for an extra minute. Pour over the remainder of the sauce, top with chilli flakes and serve immediately.