This is one of those recipes that i’ll never get bored of, equally wonderful as a feel good winter warmer or with an ice cold beer on a hot summer’s day.
The sauce is an old family favourite and works great with almost any roast meat or veg (it works a treat poured over roast carrots and garlic).
And the best bit is that its fantastically simple with just three ingredients.
- Chicken (I used a big bag from Iceland because i’m fancy like that)
For the Sauce:
- A big old squeeze of honey
- A glug of soy sauce
- A splosh of olive oil
- A handful of sesame seeds
- A sprinkle of chilli flakes
- A few tears of fresh parsley
For the rice n’ beans
- 1 cup of basmati rice
- 1 tin of red kidney beans in chilli sauce
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 7
- Mix the honey, soy sauce and oil in a large mixing bowl and taste (adding a little extra honey if it’s too salty or a little extra soy if it’s too sweet).
- Add the chicken to the bowl and toss well to coat.
- Pop it in the oven for at least an hour and pour yourself a drink.
- once the wings are almost ready, pop the rice on the hob ( 1 cup of rice to 2 cups of water) and after half the water has reduced, pour the beans in.
- Once the sauce is sticky and the meat is falling off the bone toss the wings to coat in the excess sauce and sprinkle over the various garnishes.