These red bean tacos are perfect with a cold beer on a scorching summer’s day.
And they work just as well when warming the cockles on a cold winters morning.
They are cheap, quick and easy to knock up and taste pretty fine too.
They hold their own without the need for any meat but if you’re craving a bit of animal these will go great with a little chorizo.
- 1/2 an onion, roughly choppped
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 tin of red kidney beans
- 1 good glug of chipotle paste (i used chipotle tabasco sauce because i’m crazy like that)
- a few cherry tomatoes, roughly chopped
- a bag of corn tortillas
- a few more cherry tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- a tear of coriander
- a couple of lime wedges
- Start off my softening the onion in a pan with the paprika and cayenne.
- Pour in the beans. If there is a bit of juice left in the tin give it a good swirl in some cold water and then add this to the pan so that you don’t miss any of the flavour.
- Bring to the boil and add in the chipotle paste.
- Toss in a few tomatoes, give it all a good stir and leave it for a few minutes to let the sauce reduce right down.
- When the beans are almost ready and have reduced to the desired consistency, pop the tortillas in the oven on low for a few minutes to warm through.
- season the sauce to taste with a squeeze of lime, salt & pepper
- serve up as you see fit, i like to splat the sauce down because it makes a great sound.