A great idea to make a single joint of lamb go a really long way.
This lamb is beautifully simple and goes great with a whole host of meals.
I’m going to be trying this with tacos, couscous and with egg fried rice over the next week.
- A medium joint of lamb (I used a shoulder)
- a good knob of butter
- a glug of oil
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- Salt and pepper
- A good tearing of fresh mint to serve
- Pre-heat an oven to high.
- Rub the meat down with the butter, oil, paprika and cumin.
- Pop the lamb in an oven proof dish and roast on high for half an hour to seal in all the flavour.
- Seal the tray with foil and pop the meat back in on GM4 for a few hours checking regularly and adding a bit of extra butter or even oil if it starts to look too dry.
- Once the meat is tender and flakey flake it out and remove any bones
- Sprinkle over some salt, pepper and fresh mint and you’re good to go.