One of my favourite super-cheap ways to start the day.
This one takes a bit of time so probably no good for a quick mid=week breakfast but it works great as a Sunday brunch.
Oh and did i mention it’s incredibly cheap and delicious too!
- 1 baking potato, pealed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 an onion, diced
- a good handful of spinach
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 tablespoon of cornflour
- 1 egg
- chives & chilli flakes to garnish
- Pop the chopped potato into a pan of boiling water.
- chop the onion and add to a bowl with the spices and cornflour.
- Once the potato is almost cooked, add the spinach to the pan to blanch for a minute or two.
- Strain and add the potatoes and spinach to the onions and mix well.
- Form small balls with the mixture, add to a baking tray to flatten and then pop into a hot oven for 10-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Poach an egg (how-to guide can be found here).
- Serve up limitedly smothered in chives and chilli flakes.