Really easy to prepare and great tasting, plantains are a really simple way to add a bit of variety to any chips n’ dip set up.
A great replacement for boring old tortilla chips or as an edition to any taco, burrito or even chill I love these chips.
- 2 ripe plantains
- a teaspoon of paprika
- a teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- a couple of chipotle chillies (or 2 teaspoons of chipotle paste
- 2 teaspoons of cornflour
- a big blob of butter
- a glug of cooking oil
- Chop the plantain into thin slices (the thinner the crunchier).
- Toss the slices in all of the other ingredients until evenly coated.
- Pop the prepared plantains on a baking tray and heat in a hot oven (gas mark 7-8) for 20 mins.
- Check up on them every so often and add a little extra oil if they look a little dry.
- Serve up immediately, i’d recommend eating with guacamole and salsa at the very least or trying them with tacos or chilli.