This is one of my favourite budget veggie recipes.
It costs nothing to make but looks way fancier than it’s price tag would suggest.
!It’s pretty god darn healthy too.
Think less ‘aubergines’ and more ‘ooh-bergines’
- 1 aubergine, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch of thyme
- 1/ 2 a cup of basmati rice
- 1/2 a cup of red lentils
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- A blob of tikka paste
- A good few splats of yogurt
- A handful of fresh cherry toms, chopped
- A few torn mint leaves
- Pre-heat the oven to 6
- Toss the aubergines slices in oil, salt, pepper and fresh thyme
- Lay out flat on a baking tray and roast for 20 minutes or until cooked through
- For the rice, cook the rice and lentils in 2 cups of water and a teaspoon of turmeric, bring to the boil and cook until all the water has been absorbed
- For the yogurt, add 1 teaspoon of curry paste to 2 tablespoons of yogurt and mix well. Sprinkle over some mint leaves to serve
- Once everything is cooked, serve it all up in a big old mess with loads of cherry toms and torn mint leaves.