This one comes fresh from the garden. I grew rainbow chard for the first time this year and it worked out great.
Not only was it really easy to grow, It also resulted in this really tasty salad!
Pickling the carrots and the chard works really well to bring out the natural sweetness of the veg without having to cook off all the nutrients and goodness.
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced with a fruit peeler
- 3 large chard leaves, roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 handful of roughly chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 an onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 handful of roughly chopped cherry tomatoes
- Crumbled feta
- Fresh chives
- Add the sliced carrots, chard, lemon juice and salt into a large mixing bowl and massage with your hands for about a minute until everything is evenly coated and the salt has dissolved
- Set aside and leave to pickle for 10 – 15 mins
- Next fry up the mushrooms and onions with the paprika in a wide flat pan, toss until slightly crispy and then pour over the pickled veg
- Toss in some fresh cherry tomatoes
- Garnish with plenty of feta and fresh chives
- Dig in!