This is one of those treats that makes me feel like an 8 year old again in just one bite. Beautifully simple and understated this desert is guaranteed to bring to bring a smile to the face of anyone who tucks in. Nothing compares to cooking these bananas on the BBQ but this recipe does work well under the grill all year round too.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 perfectly ripe, or slightly over ripe bananas
- 75g (ish) of chocolate chips
- pinch of salt
- Lay the bananas flat on a chopping board ensuring that they doesn’t roll around and cut a long slit along the top of each.
- Stuff as many chocolate chips as you possibly can into each hole so that they can still almost close.
- Sprinkle over a pinch of salt and wrap each banana up in it’s own foil parcel, making them as air tight as possible to stop the steam escaping.
- Pop the parcels (chocolate side up) on the BBQ and let the coals to their thing. I usually check in on mine after 5 -10 minutes to see how they’re doing.
- Serve up however you like, but you can’t ever go wrong with a big dollop of chocolate ice cream.