As summer comes to a close I’m frantically making the most of the delicious fresh produce I have on my doorstep.
And what better way than to roast up some veg smothered in spicy yogurt?
These Roast Harissa Courgettes are a firm favourite in this house, especially at the end of the month when feeding us both for a couple of quid comes in handy.
- 2 fresh courgettes
- 1 big blob of honey
- 1 sprinkling of paprika
- 1 handful of cumin seeds
- 1 handful of fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon of cooking oil
- 1 fistful of butter
1 pinch of salt
2 tablespoons of fresh yogurt
1 teaspoon of harissa paste
1 handful of fresh cherry tomatoes
- 1 handful of fresh feta
- Start off by pre-heating the oven to gas mark 6-7.
- Next up, halve each courgette length ways, so that both halves can lie flat on a baking tray, and score zig zag cuts through the flesh of each without piercing the skin.
- Mix the honey, paprika, cumin, thyme, oil and butter in a bowl until well mixed (heat the butter for a few seconds in the microwave first).
- Rub the mixture into the flesh of each courgette until all are evenly glazed.
- Sprinkle over the salt and half of the thyme before popping into the pre-heated oven for 15-20 mins.
- While it’s cooking mix the yogurt and harissa paste to taste, i like it hot.
- Once the courgettes are cooked and falling away from their skin, top with chopped tomatoes, feta and the rest of the thyme before splattering with the yogurt.
- Serve however you like, they go great with coconut rice and warm flat breads.