This one comes courtesy of a trip I took to Morocco last year. Because I’m fancy like that. You can read about the best bites here. This version is a bit more Tesco Express than it is tangled souks but still packs a North African punch.
Cooking time: 15- 20 mins prep (depending on whether you can be bothered to skin the chickpeas)
To wash up: Chopping board, knife, 2 mixing bowls, salad tongs
- ½ a bag of carrots, grated
- 1 tin of chickpeas, drained & skinned (takes bloody ages but totally worth it)
- 6-8 dates, roughly chopped
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 200ml olive oil
- Juice from 2 lemons
- 1 tsp of peanut butter
- 1 tsp honey
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 200g feta, crumbled
- 2 handfuls of fresh mint, torn
- Add the carrots, chickpeas, dates and onion into a large bowl.
- Mix the oil, lemon juice, peanut butter and honey in a second bowl until a smooth dressing is formed, season to taste.
- Toss the salad well.
- Crumble over feta and sprinkle with mint.