In Best served with a roast chicken or simply with a jacket potato, this makes for one hell of a side dish. This is a bit of tribute to the roast parsnips my Aunt Sally always cooked for us at Christmas. If my Aunt Sally’s roasts are anything to go by, This will 100% leave you wanting more.
Cooking time: 10 min prep, 15 min cooking, (25 min total).
To wash up: 1 board, 1 knife & 1 pan.
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bag of mini carrots
- 200ml of malt vinegar
- 200g of butter (a large knob)
- 100ml of bourbon, Jack Daniels works well
- 2 tbsp of honey
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Handful of fresh chives to serve
- Add all of the ingredients to a pan.
- Bring to the boil then reduce down to a simmer, leave for 15 minutes to reduce.
- Once reduced to a sticky caramel, pour over a little water to glaze the carrots and serve straight away topped with chives and serve with a big lump of roast meat and some nice fluffy potatoes.