This is a fantastic snack that’s just as home at a pub quiz as it is under a duvet on the sofa watching the notebook. Add to stripped chicken breast and salad leaves for a healthy salad. It’s a poor man’s knock off of Nicky Corbishly’s much better recipe over at Kitchen Sanctuary, all credit goes to her for the idea.
Cooking time: 10 mins prep, 20 mins cooking (30 mins total)
To wash up: 3 mixing bowls, 1 roasting tin, 1 chopping board and knife
For the carrots
- 4 carrots, cut into batons
- 1 tbsp of plain flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 big old pile of grated parmesan, I used half a 200g block
- 2 tsp of smoked paprika
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
For the dips
- 4 tbsp of sour creme
- Handful of fresh chives
- 4 tbsp of salsa, make your own with my recipe here.
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6 (200’C).
- Toss the parmesan, paprika and cayenne in a bowl.
- 1 at a time, in 3 separate bowls, roll the carrot batons in the flour and then beaten egg and then in the parmesan mix until evenly coated.
- Add the coated carrots to a foil covered baking tray and roast for 20 minutes (turning once or twice).
- While the carrots are roasting, make your salsa and plop some sour cream in a bowl with some fresh chives.