How to take something healthy and make it delicious, cover it in cheese and roast it. This is a great way to have something crispy and delicious but still relatively healthy.
Well worth a try.
Cooking time: 20 mins cooking, 10 mins prep, (30 mins total).
To wash up: 1 baking tray, 3 mixing bowls.
- 200g pack of cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 100g of breadcrumbs
- 100g of parmesan, grated
- Loaf of bread, sliced
- 1/2 a tub of cream cheese
- Handful of fresh chives, chopped
- Splattering of hot sauce (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 6 (200’C).
- In 3 separate bowls add the following. Bowl 1: flour, Bowl 2: beaten egg, Bowl 3: breadcrumbs and grated Parmesan.
- One-by-one toss the tomatoes in the flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs before placing on a baking tray.
- Pierce a few holes in the top of each breaded tomato to let the juices out when they roast.
- Pop in the oven for 10 – 15 mins.
- While the tomatoes are roasting, pop the bread in the oven (or toaster) to crisp up.
- Spread the cream cheese on the bread, top with crispy tomatoes and sprinkle with chives to serve.