They don’t get simpler or sexier than this, so I’m not going to ruin it by talking too much.
Cooking time: 10-15 mins
To wash up: 1 pot, 1 pan, 1 board & knife
- Tbsp salt
- 400g of fresh spaghetti (dried works too)
- 1 glug of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 200g of fresh cherry tomatoes
- 1 egg
- 2 handfuls of fresh basil, torn
- 100g fresh parmesan
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta in well salted boiling water with a glug of oil.
- Add the oil, garlic, onion and tomatoes to a separate pan on low for 5-10 mins until the garlic has softened and the tomatoes have begun to release some juice.
- Drain the pasta and toss with the tomatoes and one cracked egg, stir well until the egg has evenly coated the pasta.
- Top with loads of fresh basil and Parmesan.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.