Pomegranate is a bit of a fancy ingredient and might not be available at Tesco Express but really does take this recipe to the next level.
This is an all-time favourite, you can ask @CorrBlimey_, he won’t shut up about it. Serve it up with torn bread and a hot bowl of couscous for a refreshing dinner or an energy boosting packed lunch.
Cooking time: 10 mins prep, 20 mins chilling, (30 mins total)
To wash up: 1 chopping board, 1 knife, 1 mixing bowl
- 2-3 big beef tomatoes roughly chopped
- A couple of handfuls of sweet cherry tomatoes
- 1 handful of pomegranate jewels (a pack from Tesco will do the trick)
- A handful of fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 a red onion roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A couple of lemon wedges to serve
- After chopping up all the tomatoes, toss them in a large bowl with the onion, pomegranate jewels and basil.
- Squeeze over a healthy amount of lemon juice and season taste.
- Popping it in the fridge for 20 mins helps the toms absorb a bit of the lemon juice but it does taste just as great freshly made.