I’d only really had chimichurri sauce with red meat until recently when I tried it with some fresh seafood. The fresh herbs and the spicy chilli go so perfectly with prawns. It’s like summer on a plate, which we could all do with the way this winter is going.
Cooking time: 5 mins prep, 15 mins cooking, (20 mins total).
To wash up: 1 bowl, 1 food processor, 1 pan.
- 2 mugs of rice
- 1 tbsp, coconut oil
- 1 handful of coriander, torn
- 1 handful of parsley, torn
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- Juice from one lime
- ½ a jar of jalapeños
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- ½ an onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pack of fresh prawns
- 1 handful of cherry tomatoes
- Pop the rice in the microwave with the coconut oil and 4 mugs of water for 11 minutes.
- Add the fresh herbs, garlic, lime juice and jalapeños to a food processor and whizz, gradually adding olive oil until it reaches the desired consistency. Add salt to taste.
- Pop the onions in a pan with a glug of oil and heat on low until soft.
- Toss the prawns with the onions for 2-3 minutes until pink.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the chimichurri sauce and cherry tomatoes to coat.
- Serve up with coconut rice and a cold beer.