This is a pretty classic winter combination perfect for a slow Sunday brunch or a hearty mid-week meal. It goes great on toast too. If you can’t get hold of any asparagus, diced fine green beans work great too.
Cooking time: 5 mins prep, 15 mins cooking (20 mins total)
To Wash up: 1 board, 1 knife, 2 pans
- 1 small knob of butter
- 4 rashers of bacon, diced
- 4 wheels of black pudding
- 400g of asparagus, diced
- A few drops of vinegar
- A few drops of oil
- 4 eggs
- Salt & pepper to season
- 1squirt of hot sauce
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Fry the bacon off with the butter 2 – 3 mins and set aside.
- Next fry the black pudding in the same pan for 2-3 mins on each side and set aside with the bacon.
- Now fry the asparagus in the same pan for another 5 minutes to soak up all the delicious meat juices, adding a little extra oil if needed.
- While that’s frying poach the eggs in a second pan with the vinegar and oil. My old man’s guide to the perfect poached egg can be found here.
- Crumble the black pudding and the bacon back into the pan with the asparagus and toss well.
- Serve up topped with an egg per person with a good squirt of hot sauce and a little seasoning on top.