The recipe was created by Barney Desmazery of BBC Good Food fame. I’m a huge fan of all of his stuff, please check him out here. It’s a proper winter warmer. Not the healthiest recipe I’ve ever cooked but guaranteed to warm your cockles.
Cooking time: 10 mins prep, 20 mins cooking (total 30 mins)
To wash up: one chopping board, one knife, one frying pan
- 1 splash of oil
- 8 rashers of bacon, diced
- ½ a red cabbage, shredded
- 2 small knobs of butter
- 1 pack of black pudding
- 2 cox apples, cut into thin wedges
- Pinch of sugar
- Small Handful of pine nuts
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the bacon until crisp (5 mins), add the cabbage and cook for a further 5 mins until soft.
- Add the butter to the pan and heat gently until a little melty, add the black pudding and cook for 3 mins on each side. Set aside.
- Add the apples to the pan with another knob of butter and a pinch of sugar and fry on high to warm through.
- Plate up the apples, top with cabbage and black pudding, sprinkle nuts over the top and tuck in.