This is one of those recipes that works great as a Sunday brunch and a packed lunch on a Monday. It’s incredibly cheap and really fills you up. The sweet potato can easily be swapped out for regular spuds and the black pudding can be swapped out for bacon if needs be.
Cooking time: prep time 10 mins cooking time 30 mins (40 mins total)
To wash up: 1 board, 1 knife, 1 roasting tin, 1 small pan
- 2 sweet potatoes, diced
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp of cooking oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small knob of butter
- 4 wheels of black pudding
- 4 eggs
- Fresh coriander
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 7 (420’).
- Line a baking tray with foil, add the sweet potatoes, paprika and thyme. Roast on high for 20 mins.
- While the potatoes are roasting, soften the onions in a pan with a little oil. Once cooked, set aside.
- Add ½ the knob of butter and the black pudding to the pan, fry for 3 mins on each side and set aside.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, add the other ½ of the knob of butter to the pan and fry the eggs until nice and crispy. Set aside.
- Combine the sweet potato, onions and black pudding back into the empty pan and mix well.
- Place the eggs back on top to serve, top with coriander and a little salt and pepper.