Another poor man’s knock off of a Kitchen Sanctuary recipe, all credit goes to Nicky for the idea. She recommends it for a healthy carb free breakfast but I reckon it goes just as well with a couple of beers on a Friday night.
But what do I know, I’m just a greedy bloke with a big belly.
Cooking time: 10 mins prep, 20 mins cooking (30 mins in total).
To wash up: 2 mixing bowls, 1 baking tray and 1 pan.
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 100g parmesan, grated
- Salt, pepper & paprika
- 2 courgettes, cut into batons
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 eggs for dipping
- Pre-heat an oven to gas mark 6 (200’c).
- Combine the breadcrumbs, parmesan, salt, pepper & paprika in a mixing bowl.
- Toss your courgette batons in the beaten egg and then roll in the breadcrumb mix
- Lay them out flat on a foil covered baking tray and pop in the oven for 15 – 20 mins turning regularly.
- While the courgettes roast, boil the eggs. Place them in a pan, cover in cold water and bring to a boil. As soon as they’re boiling, turn the heat off and leave in the water for 3 minutes, serve immediately with the fries.