Roasting feta goes down an absolute treat. It’s one i’d never really think to try but the salty cheese goes great with sweet roast tomatoes too.
This works great with chicken or fish too if you fancy a bit of extra protein.
Cooking time: 5 mins prep, 25 mins cooking, (30 mins total).
To wash up: 1 roasting tin.
- 250g feta cheese, torn into chunks
- 500g of cherry tomatoes
- Handful of black olives
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- ½ a bunch of fresh basil leaves
- ½ a loaf of sourdough, roughly sliced
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 4 (180’c).
- Add the chunks of cheese, tomatoes and olives into a large baking tray and drizzle over the oil.
- Once the cheese has crisped up and the tomatoes softened, sprinkle over a little extra oil and the basil leaves to serve.
- Toast the bread lightly to warm through and use to scoop up the cheese and shovel into your mouth.