This recipe makes for a healthy twist on a curry house classic. You don’t have to roast the potatoes first but that crispy buttery texture is probably one of life’s greatest pleasures.
Cooking time: 5 mins prep, 25 mins cooking, (30 mins total).
To wash up: 1 knife and board, 1 baking tray, 1 large pan (with lid).
- 1 knob of butter
- 1 scattering of cumin seeds
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 glug of oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp curry paste
- 1 550g bag of spinach
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 6 (200’C).
- Toss the diced sweet potatoes with the butter, cumin and garlic in a baking tray. Pop in the oven for 20 mins.
- Once the potatoes have crisped up, remove from the oven and set aside.
- Fry the onion in a glug of oil and after a few mins stir in the curry paste.
- Pour the sweet potatoes and garlic into the pan and stir until evenly coated.
- Take it off the heat, add in the spinach, give it all a good stir and pop the lid on to steam.
- Give it another good toss and serve up.