Spinach and goats cheese are a match made in heaven and when mixed with fresh pair and pomegranate jewels they make for a pretty special packed lunch or a dinner. This dish just tastes like health on a plate.
Cooking time: 10 – 15 mins prep.
To wash up:1 mixing bowl, 1 board and 1 knife.
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic
- Salt & pepper to taste
For the salad
- 1 500g bag of baby spinach
- ½ a red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 handful of walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 handful of pomegranate seeds (or one mini pot)
- 2 pears, thinly sliced
- 100g goats cheese, crumbled
- 1 handful of fresh chives, roughly chopped
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Add in the spinach leaves, onions and pear slices before tossing until evenly coated.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and top with walnuts, pomegranate seeds, blue cheese and fresh chives.