A stuffed mushroom is a bit of a pub grub classic and this version is no different. A fancy starter for a dinner party or as the hero of a meal served with pasta or a steaming jacket. Also tastes great with bacon.
To wash up: 1 chopping board and knife, 1 frying pan, 1 griddle pan
- 1 glug of oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 500g bag of baby spinach
- 1 tsp of Dijon mustard (optional)
- 1 handful of chives, roughly chopped
- 2 dollops of crème fraiche
- 6 – 8 large portabello mushrooms
- 1 handful of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 handful of breadcrumbs
- Extra chives to top
- Start off by frying up the onion in a pan with a glug of oil.
- After a few minutes add in the garlic and spinach and stir well until wilted.
- Add a little mustard, a handful of chives and two large dollops of crème fraiche and mix well until evenly coated.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Clean the mushrooms and fill with the mix, sprinkle over parmesan and breadcrumbs before sliding under the grill for 5 – 10 mins or until the mushroom has cooked through and the parmesan has formed a golden crispy lid.
- Add a few extra chives on top to serve.