Who doesn’t love a slow baked jacket potato? no one that’s who.
Volcano potatoes are like jackets but with added gooey cheese.
A match made in heaven.
Cooking time: 15 mins prep, 45 mins cooking, (1hr total).
To wash up: 1 baking tray, 1 board and knife.
- 4 jacket potatoes
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp. of roughly chopped jalapenos
- 400g grated cheddar
- 200g philly cheese
- Handful of chives, roughly chopped
- 6-8 rashers of streaky bacon
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 6 (200’C).
- Rub the jacket skins in oil, salt & pepper and stab thoroughly with a fork.
- Leave to bake for at least 30 mins or until the skins have gone crispy but the flesh is still a bit firm.
- While they’re roasting, mix the jalapenos, cheddar and philly in a large bowl until a sort of paste forms.
- Remove from the oven carefully, slice off the bottom of the fattest end so that they’ll stand up and another slice from the top so that you can scoop out about half of the flesh.
- Stuff the cheese mix into the hollowed out potatoes.
- Wrap 2 rashers of bacon around each potato and hold in place with cocktail sticks.
- Pop back in the oven for an extra 15 mins or until the cheese is gooey and the bacon crispy.