This isn’t a proper carbonara, it’s a cheap slutty knock-off. I have subbed the expensive pancetta and pecorino cheese for bacon and parmesan. That way it fits the Colouring Cook rules and saves a bit of money to buy the wine to go with.
Cooking time: 5 misn prep, 15 mins cooking, (20 mins total).
To wash up: 2 pans, 1 colander.
- 8 rashers of bacon, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 bag of spaghetti
- 1 tbsp of salt
- 1 glug of cooking oil
- 2 eggs
- A good grating of Parmesan cheese
- 1 handful of fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Boil a full kettle, or bring a large pan of water to the boil.
- Get the bacon on the go in a wide flat pan and cook until crispy and delicious (5 – 10 mins).
- Pop the pasta into the large pot of boiling water with a drop of oil and a tbsp of salt.
- Add the garlic in with the bacon and stir well and fry for a further 5 mins.
- Strain the pasta and pour over with a little boiling water to wash away the starch.
- Add the strained pasta back into the pan (off the heat), add in the bacon and crack in the eggs stirring really well until all pasta is evenly coated.
- Transfer to plates and sprinkle over loads of cheese, cracked black pepper and parsley.