Beer? yup. Bacon? yup. Hot sauce? yup.
What else do you need?
Cooking time: 10 mins prep, 15 mins cooking, (25 mins total).
To wash up: 1 board and knife, 1 baking tray, 1 mixing bowl, 1 frying pan.
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
- 100g of plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 a bottle of corona (ish)
- 1 tbsp of paprika
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 4 rashers of streaky bacon
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1/2 a knob of butter
- A few spoons of sour cream
- 1 handful of chives, torn
- Frank’s hot sauce
- Get the sweet potatoes going in a hot oven on a baking tray with a glug of oil and a sprinkling of salt. Gas mark 6 (200’C).
- Mix your batter in a large mixing bowl. seive the flour, crack in the eggs and beat well to bring together. Add a splash of beer at a time until the mix has loosened until a runny batter forms. add paprika, salt & pepper to serve.
- Wrap the chicken strips in the bacon (you might need cocktail sticks to hold the bacon in place).
- Get a pan nice and hot with a good amount of oil, test with a little of the batter to make sure it sizzles.
- Dip the chicken strips into the batter and then fry straight in the pan for 3-5 mins on each side or until crispy and golden, when amost ready add a little butter to the pan and baste the chicken to give it a ncie shine.
- Smother in hot sauce and dunk in the sour cream and chives.