How to cook broccoli for people who don’t like broccoli? Smother it in cheese and fry it maybe? Yup, that’ll do it.
This one is actually still pretty healthy and quite a bit of fun to make.
Oh and they taste great too.
Cooking time: 10 mins prep, 10 mins cooking, (20 mins total).
To wash up: 1 food processor, 1 mixing bowl, 1 frying pan.
- 1 head of broccoli, de-stalked
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp of breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Glug of oil
- 2 tbsp of greek yogurt
- 1 handful of fresh basil, torn
- 1 glug of olive oil
- Whizz up the broccoli in a food processor until smooth.
- Add the broccoli to a large mixing bowl with the eggs, breadcrumbs and cheese, season to taste.
- Form tablespoon sized balls and flatten out into fritter shapes.
- Heat oil in a wide flat plan and fry the fritters for 3-5 mins on both side or until golden and crispy.
- While they’re frying, pop the basil and olive oil in the food processor and whizz up to form a loose paste. Plop on top of the yogurt.
- Serve each fritter with a splattering of basil yogurt.