A big old bowl of drummies has got to be the ultimate comfort food. This blueberry glaze is a sweet twist on the classic. Oh man, writing this is making me hungry.
Cooking time: 15 min prep, 45 min cooking, (1 hr total).
To wash up: 1 board and knife, 1 pan, 2 roasting trays, 1 large bowl.
- 400g punnet of blueberries
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp of tabasco
- 1 squirt of tomato puree
- 1 tsp of balsamic
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 400g of chicken drumsticks
- 1 pot of sour crème
- 1 handful of chives, chopped
- A dollop of hot sauce
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 7 (220’C).
- To make the glaze, add the blueberries and onion to a pan and fry for 5 mins. Add in the tabasco, tomato puree, balsamic and sugar and bring to the boil.
- Toss the potato wedges in the paprika and cayenne, drizzle with oil and pop in to the oven for 30 – 45 mins or until golden and crunchy.
- In a large bowl, toss the drummies in the sauce and pop in the oven for 30 mins or until the glaze has gone all sticky and delicious.
- Serve up with a big dollop of sour crème with chives and a big squirt of hot sauce.