Who doesn’t love a mouthful of sweet potato fries?
It’s a lot easier to get great tasting sweet potato fries than you might think without having to use a deep fat frier.
These are baked and require barely any form of fat to get great results.
- A couple of big old sweet potatoes
- a teaspoon of paprika
- a tablespoon of cornflour
- a teaspoon of salt
- a tablespoon of pepper
- a teaspoon of cayenne
- a glug of cooking oil
- Pre-heat the oven to get it nice and hot, around gas mark 7-8 will work.
- Peal and chop the sweet potatoes to the desired shape (long thin fries or even tater tot style cubes work great).
- Mix the cornflour, salt, pepper, paprika and cayenne in a big bowl and toss the sweet potatoes until evenly coated.
- Spread evenly on a baking tray (foil makes it easier to clean up) and drizzle over a little cooking oil.
- Pop them in the oven for 10-20 minutes before checking to see if they need anymore oil.
- They should take 30-40 to start to crisp up and go all delicious and golden.