Courgette noodles are so on trend right now. Right? This is a bit of a budget twist on a classic, and who doesn’t love the sound of that?
The trick to making it work is to cook it on as high of a heat as possible and as quickly as possible to avoid the courgettes going mushy.
Cooking time: 10 mins prep, 10 mins cooking, (20 mins total).
To wash up: 1 chopping board, 1 knife, 1 large pan.
- 1 large glug of oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 courgettes, cut into thin strips (using a peeler)
- 2 tbsp of Thai curry paste
- 4 spring onions
- Juice from 1 lime
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp peanuts, roughly chopped
- 2 fresh chillies, chopped
- 1 handful of coriander leaves, torn
- Fry the onions and oil in a large deep pan for 2-3 mins.
- Add in the courgettes and curry paste, stir well until evenly coated and fry for 2-3 more minutes.
- Add in the spring onions, lime juice, garlic and soy sauce. Toss until evenly coated.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the egg.
- Sprinkle over peanuts, chillies and coriander.