This is one of those wonderfully simple, fresh and delicious meals that tastes as healthy as it actually is. It’s also incredibly cheap and can transform a couple of standard fish fillets into something a little bit special.
Cooking time: 10 mins prep, 10 mins cooking, (20 mins in total).
To wash up: A food processor & a roasting tray.
- 500g bag of spinach
- 100g bag of fresh basil
- Handful of pine nuts
- 100g of grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Juice from ½ a lemon
- A glug of olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 4 white fish portions ( I used haddock)
- 1 loaf of fresh bread, sliced.
- Pre heat the oven to gas mark 6 (200’C) and place four large pieces of twine into a glass of water to soak.
- Add the spinach, basil, pine nuts and parmesan, garlic and lemon juice to the food processor and whizz up well. Add a little oil at a time until a desired consistency is reached.
- Divide each fish portion into two even slices, lay one half skin side down and cover in a good helping of pesto, add the other half on top together and tie together with twine.
- Pop the parcels into the oven with drizzle of oil and allow to cook through for 5 – 10 mins or until flakey.
- Pop a few slices of bread in the toaster to serve.