The buttery goodness of filo pastry takes a lot of beating, especially when swimming in the juices of freshly fried chorizo and broccoli. This is a bit of a special one that is actually a lot easier than it looks.
Cooking time: 10 misn prep, 30 mins cooking, (40 mins total).
To wash up: 1 knife & board, 1 pan, 1 roasting tin.
- 1 glug of oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 chorizo sausages, roughly chopped
- 1 head of broccoli, roughly chopped
- 1 scoop of butter
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 sheet of pre-rolled puff pastry
- 1 squirt of tomato puree
- 100g parmesan, grated
- 1 hadnful of fresh chives, roughly chopped
- Pre-heat oven to gas mark 7 (220’C).
- Fry the onion garlic and chorizo in a little glug of oil for 5 – 10 mins or until the chorizo has begun to sweat.
- While that’s frying, steam the broccoli in the micro wave for 5 mins with a blob of butter and a little salt.
- Roll the pastry out on a greased baking tray and top with a little tomato puree, the broccoli and chorizo mix, leaving a few cm around each edge.
- Top with parmesan and pop in the oven for 15 – 20 mins or until pastry has gone golden and flakey.