This one is inspired by the brilliant Maria from Two Peas and Their Pod, it smacks of summer.
Perfect for a grey March Monday in foggy London town.
It’s brtually simple, the sweet fruity taste of the peaches doesn’t need much faffing with to taste great.
Cooking time: 10 mins prep, 10 mins cooking, (20 mins total).
To wash up: 1 knife and board, 1 grill pan, 1 mixing bowl.
For the dressing
- A good glug of olive oil
- A smaller glug of balsamic vinegar
- Salt & pepper to taste
For the salad
- 4 ripe peaches, halved
- 200g punnet of blueberries
- 200g bag of baby leaves
- 100g of feta, crumbled
- 100g of pine nuts, roughly chopped
- Mix the dressing ingredients together well in a bowl until smooth, set aside.
- Toss the peach halves in the dressing until evenly coated and shake off any excess liquid.
- Pop them under the grill for 5 – 10 minutes or until grill marks appear and the flesh goes soft.
- While the peaches cool, pop the blueberries in the microwave for 1 minute or until they go gooey.
- Toss the leaves in the dressing, slice the peaches over the top, pour over the gooey blueberries and sprinkle with cheese and nuts.